You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, We’ve set up your showings and we are heading out soon to see them! Before we head out here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Most sellers require and we strongly recommend that you are preapproved before heading to view homes.
- Sellers usually require 24 hours notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc.
- Wear comfortable slip on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat.
- Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- Some sellers will have security cameras with audio capabilities in their homes so be aware of what you say and do. Don’t talk about how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make on the home, etc. while in the house (or even in the front yard) in case someone is listening.
- If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
Generally the day before we are scheduled to look at homes we will email you an address of where we are meeting and when.
Call/text Uptown Realty Group at (740) 590-4882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org